Mrs. Gravy and the Food Lady

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Okay kids, my 1st blog!! I'm so excited to start this with kelli. First a little background on us. I'm Shannon, aka, Mrs. Gravy. I got that name when my now 12 year old daughter was in preschool. I volunteered at the elementary school in the 1st grade computer lab and the teacher insisted the kids call me Mrs. Graves. Well, one little smart-ass decided to call me Mrs. Gravy... and it kinda stuck! Anywhere the kids were in town I'd hear a screech of "mrs. Gravy" followed by a bone crushing hug to my hips! I've been a special ed para for a few years now and a couple of the esl kids called me Mrs. Grapes, but Mrs. Gravy is still the arrow in my heart.
Kelli and I had thought to write a cookbook, but the more we got into it the more hassle it seemed to be, so she came up with the idea of the blog thing. Her sisters-in-law all do it and she said it'd be so easy EVEN I could do it! So far so good...
She and I have different tastes in food, so our recipes will be different. We may post the same item, just our special takes on it. Even using the same recipe we can make it unique to ourselves and our locations. In Dallas she has better access to some items than I do in the middle of no-where Nebraska! And since I am in the middle of no-where Nebraska, my food tends to be more mid-western and homey than hers. The best of both worlds as far as I can see!
So, for my 1st recipe...

Best as LEFTOVER Chili
Brown 1 pound hamburger with 1/2 a good sized yellow onion
Add it to a large dutch oven with;
2 cans petite diced tomatoes
2 cans Bush's Chili Beans~hot
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. chili powder
Cover and simmer for a couple hours, then cool completly and put it
in the fridge till tomorrow! You could eat it right then, but it's oh, so much
better the next day, just you wait and see for yourself!

It's an easy recipe, a couple simple items and nothing you couldn't keep on hand. But, that's the way I do things. You'll find out more of that as we go along.
Thanks for checkin us out! Hope you find something to like and will keep us in mind.
:)Shannon, Mrs. Gravy

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Chili is best the next day. Even eaten cold, it ranks right up there with cold pizza on hangover mornings. I wouldn't know, that's just what I heard. Happy New Year!!!

December 30, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home